Sunday, August 20, 2006

Palm Medical Stuff

I have had a palm-based PDA ever since March of 1997 when my dad gave me a PalmPilot Pro (or something like that) that he did bought but did not use because it was too hard to pick up Grafitti. Then I got a Palm Vx for graduation from college. That was a really good device. I still see plenty of people using them around the hospital, actually. Then one day in the middle of my third year of medical school, my Palm stopped working. I then got a Sony Clie. That was pretty worthless because the screen was so sucky, but the good thing to it was that it was one of the first 320x320 resolution displays available.

Now I am on my Treo 650, and have had it since December, 2004. I love it. BUT, I still am working on upgrading it with stuff to make it more useful to me.

Recently, I have become enamored with the amount of free wisdom available on Project Gutenberg. There are currently 18,000 free titles available there. The problem is that no one really wants to sit in front of a computer screen and read Milton. Well, maybe the problem is that one doesn't want to read Milton in any form whatsoever, but that's not what I'm getting at.

I think it would be nice if there was a way for me to be able to read these things on my Treo. That way when I am on call or moonlighting, and have nothing to do, I can read. Reading philosophy or literature in the hospital is a challenging thing to do, because such endeavors require an amount of concentration that buzzing ICU alarms preclude, but it can be done.

So I am in the middle of setting up iSilo on my Palm, with the idea that I can convert Project Gutenberg plain text files into iSilo documents. We'll see how it goes...

9 Comments:

Blogger webmaster said...

If you're into reading ebooks, check out MobileRead.com for lots of info on reading ebooks and the various Palm programs that are available and how to convert them, etc.

For medical related, you may want to check out Wireless-Doc.com and PalmDoc.net . You may also want to check out some medical blog links in my Palm Discovery blog. I can't recall them from the top of my head.

May

5:38 PM  
Blogger Kannan said...

thanks for the tips! I found the mobileread.com site especially interesting.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Dakat said...

There is the better deal of the palm medical stuff which can be more good for you. Just match your work with this link and click to explore to get the better deals in this section. You can get the better advice here in this field.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Plasiy said...

Medical stuff of the palm oriented experts is carried out for the success of the humans. The change of the paleness and http://www.radiologyfellowship.net/radiology-personal-statement-services/pediatric-radiology-fellowship/ is upheld for the role of the scientific means for the humans in life.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Shhy said...

Palm medical enrolment is ensured for the theme orientation for the humans. The role of the sciences and http://www.residencyapplicationpersonalstatement.com/our-residency-personal-statement-services/plastic-surgery-residency-personal-statement/ is empowered for the use of the tools and all instruments for the people.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous click to explore said...

this is the best profession in this time. Everyone want to be a doctor. But not easy at all. need to hard work for this. Then you can be this.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous visit the page said...

This is so motivational place and I hope this is the best work for this place. I like this page. I'm so happy to visit this. So good to read this post.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Evely Nlee said...

Great to read, thanks to shared this nice information.

Healthcare Email List

3:58 AM  
Blogger orthopedic Hospital said...

Best Orthopedic Implants Manufacturer in India


https://www.astromedicare.org/

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home